Recently, users of Instagram official client for Android began to encounter errors in the processing of photographs. Initially, everything is as usual and nothing has signs of trouble: user selects the desired picture, crop it to the required size and load on the server. Next, opens processing mode and select the desired filter, however, the screen displays the following message: «Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped». The user can only click «OK» and is thrown to an initial step of selecting photos, while everything is repeated in a circle.
Possible solutions for fix «Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped»
Method 1: Reinstall Instagram app the older version
As a result of contacting with official Instagram technical support service it became clear that the company is aware of the problem and soon will release an update of the client. So far, there is only one option to get rid of bugs – need to revert to a previous version of the client. This can be done as follows::
- Remove Instagram from Android-smartphone;
- Go to Google Play and disable applications auto-update (“Google Play” -> “Settings” -> “Auto-update applications” -> select “Never”);
- Download Instagram on this link (com.instagram.android.ver.6.9.1.build.4961472.apk) (same official client, but the older version) and install it on your phone. All older version Instagram APK you can find on this site – Free Download Instagram APK Last Version
Method 2: Clear Instagram app data and Cache
If the same issue «Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped» occurs again, then you need to clear the cache and data of the Instagram app:
- Go to Settings;
- Application Manager;
- All app tab;
- Find Instagram app and select it;
- Select clear data/Clear cache > Force stop;
This error also can occur on Android 4.0.x devices (Ice Cream Sandwich), regardless of Instagram version. To solve it, you must disable the option “Speed up your GPU» in developer parameters. For this:
- Go to the “Settings”;
- Find the item “About” and open it;
- Scroll down to “Build number” and click on it seven times;
- After the seventh pressing the system will inform the user that he became a developer. Paragraph “For Developers” will appear in the settings of the smartphone between “Print” and “About”;
- Go to “Developers” find “Speed up your GPU» and remove the check mark.
- Reboot your smartphone and check the work of Instagram.
This video will help you on fixing Unfortunately Instagram has stopped android error.