Error 0xc000007b appears due to damage to the system files of the operating system, for example, if you have shut down or restarted the computer. In addition, the reason of 0xc000007b error «the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b» occuring may be the lack of DirectX (or software corrupted files), .Net Framework, Visual C ++, or problems with the video card drivers, especially NVidia.
How to fix error 0xc000007b
As mentioned above, the error 0xc000007b occurs as a result of damage to one or more system files required for application opening. The question is how to fix a specific error 0xc000007b when the game starts. In order to do this, you must take a number of actions, each of which can help you to solve this problem.
- First of all, update the video card drivers, especially if you have NVidia video card or reinstall them.
- Try to run the game as administrator. For example, such decision in some case helps to correct the 0xc000007b error in GTA.
- Install/update DirectX, Visual C++, .Net Framework. All files should be downloaded only from official Microsoft site.
- Pay attention: while installing DirectX обязательно go to the System folder SysWOW64 or System32 (depending on the version of the operating system) and delete the files from d3dx9_24.dll to d3dx9_43.dll. After this you only can install DirectX.
- Check whether there are problems with the launch of the other games. It is possible that the problem may lie in the files of a particular game. In this case, try to reinstall it.
- Open a command prompt “Run” through the “Start” menu and type “sfc / scannow”. This command will scan your PC system files and fix some bugs. In some cases, it helps to solve the problem with an 0xc000007b error when the game starts.
- If the 0xc000007b error occurs even after all these tips then you can try two extreme steps:
- Restore system to an earlier state when the error 0xc000007b wasn’t appeared.
- Reinstall Windows, especially if you have pirate version.