For some mysterious reason, CD Projeсt Red felt that the right thing would be to block the combination of keys in the “default” section for the The Witcher 3.
For this reason, you can’t reassign keys through the game menu. However, you can still do it with INI-file. You can find it here: C:\Users (Customers)\User name (user name)\Documents (My documents)\The Witcher 3.
- Open the The Witcher 3 folder in my documents;
- Find there file input.settings;
- Before you change anything in it, we recommend to make a copy of it. If something goes wrong, you can always insert the original file;
- As soon as you do this, open the input.settings with a text editor. The most suitable standard is Windows “Notebook»;
- In the file, you will see all the key bindings. Actions, which tie the keys are written clearly enough, for example, BASE_ATTACK_ LIGHT, which means “fast base attack” and so on.
- In order to change the key, which activates the action you need to replace, for example, IK_LeftMouse (Action = AttackWithAlternateLight), that is, the left mouse button to, say, the key Q. For this it is necessary to register IK_Q (Action = AttackWithAlternateLight).
Once complete the control setting, save the file and run input.settings through The Witcher 3 to test new combinations of keys.