In case if you have problems with low FPS or you have some lag issues in Starbound we present the workaround that will work without any errors in future.
- Close Starbound and exit Steam.
- Open steam folder for unchecking compatibility mod of Steam.exe file in options
- In command prompt open “run” window to type there “regedit”
- Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers to delete any entry that has path to steam, in case if you find no recordings there – make the next step.
- Repeat the forth step with: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
- Repeat the second step.
- Open Steam and start Starbound.
In case of using AMD card you may try the following method:
Open graphics card settings and switch on:
- Triple buffering
- “Vertical sync”
Be sure to turn on option to overide game settings that forces options to be active.