Abilities of soldiers in XCOM 2 represent a most valuable weapon of your team in the fight against the aliens. Each of the four classes of soldiers has two different ways of development that can create unique builds. Psi-Operative is a mixed approach to development.
Anyway, knowledge of every skill tree is advantageous in respect of both initial skills that may interact with later. This guide provides information on the skill tree for each class and the indication is particularly powerful combination, as well as their impact on the battle.
XCOM 2 Ranger Abilities and tips
Basic skill: (Slash) – attack the enemy in motion by the sword.
When a unit is opened, the fighter remains invisible
Deals 2 damage from all attacks with a sword
Strike from the shadows
Step into the shadows
Being hidden, it gets 25 to the sight and +25 Critical Chance
This soldier is not detected by posts and does not cause fire back
Run and Shoot
Immediately enter the stealth – time for the mission
Action after a rush
Additional traffic if you get one or more of the murder for your turn
Free sword attack to any enemy in melee
If you do not attack each turn, you are automatically hidden.
If you killed the enemy of your turn, the next enemy attack will lose.
Shoot at the enemy twice. Every shot it gets -15 accuracy. No cooldown
Chain melee attacks, where the first will necessarily get to the target. Each murder Reaper mode gives extra action, but further attacks do less damage.
- Basic ability (Slash) can be used even after the run, which is especially useful for the squad in the early missions to finish off weakened enemies.
- Deep shelter does not sound like a good skill, yet do not use it with the Overwatch mode, turning the passive protection in attacking formation.
- Additional actions by Reaper – a great bonus, but the main thing is a guaranteed hit, when you exactly need to finish off the enemy, or lose a life for yourself
XCOM 2 Grenadier Abilities and tips
Basic skills: Release grenade – Grenadier uses a grenade launcher to release a grenade, instead of shots. This increases the range and capacity.
Protection from explosion
Additional points of armor and 66% less damage from explosives
Your gun destroys armor
Destroy the enemy’s hideout. It does not deal damage.
Strong fire, forcing the enemy to take cover, providing you with a fire reaction, if he moves and reduces the enemy’s accuracy at -50
Grenade in the slot gets a bonus of Use
Any direction of the shot from a cannon, even the past, said the purpose of increasing the accuracy of the order against it on +15
Pomegranates get 1 extra cell radius and +2 damage
Shot with accuracy at -15. If you find yourself, you automatically shoot at the target again
Hail of lead
Start or throw of grenades, use of heavy weapons in the first action will not end your turn
Mandatory hit, but it uses a lot of ammunition
Conical stream of bullets on all enemies in the area. Shelter of enemies can be destroyed. It uses three units of ammunition
Critical Damage and +3 to all attacks on targets
- From an economic point of view, heavy ammunition is excellent when using specialized explosives.
- The circuit works fine shots with modifications to increase accuracy.
XCOM 2 Specialist Abilities and tips
Basic skills: Protocol Support – say GREMLIN to go to the friendly target, providing protection bonus before the next player’s turn.
GREMLIN can cure remotely. With the first-aid outfit it gets two charges
Aim GREMLIN at the enemy. Guaranteed inflicts damage (more than against the robots)
Send the GREMLIN an ally to relieve the negative mentalnoo status – disorientation, stunning, panic or loss of consciousness
You can attack the robots and mechanical enemies for their hack.
2 kits of additional charge
Instant scanning, increase the radius of the course Specialist and a manifestation of hidden enemies
Overwatch can be activated by the action of the enemy, rather than move.
It protects the target sheltering fire, but increases the cooldown protocol support on one turn
Overwatch-shot in the case of waste of all points on the movement
With each successful Overwatch shot, 50% chance to generate additional
GREMLIN flies to the members of the unit, curing or standing up
Send GREMLIN in the region, where it produces electric discharge, dealing damage and stunning enemies possible. Robots receive more damage
Tips for specialist
- Use GREMLIN abilities as a first move action does not close
- The field medic and medical protocols provide four charges from one first-aid kit, allowing you to remotely heal allies
- Violations of the protocol allows the turret to disable the entire mission
- Scanning protocol allows people to search for and disclose faceless
Sniper Abilities and Tips
Basic skills: Team vision – aiming at the enemy, which is located in the area of your companion’s review.
Enables Overwatch a team vision
If the enemy is aiming at you automatically shoot at him with a pistol once per move
Weak aiming, but a huge loss
Attack of the gun is not necessary actions
Death from a height
Killing an enemy with a rifle using the height is only one action, not finishing move
A shot of a gun as a first move action does not finish
The reaction shot against an enemy that moves or attacks in the field of fire
One shot from a pistol on all visible enemies
If you have not moved for the last move, sight +10 and +10 Critical Chance
Squatting gives 20 to the sight of the first shot on the next move
A powerful series of shots. For every kill with a rifle, action points return
Shoot a gun three times on the same target
Tips for Sniper
- Deadly Eye lowers accuracy by 25%, increasing damage taken by 50%
- Deadly Zone allows you to choose the viewing area, which will automatically hit the enemy. Especially effective in combination with the upgrades shop to have enough ammo. Also, this skill combined with the ability to destroy grenadier shelter or saturated fire
- Arrow branch is one of the most effective combinations in the game. With the right location on the battlefield and modified weapons, a veteran shooter can in one stroke destroy several enemies.
Psi operative’s abilities and tips
Basic skills: a random selection of Stasis / Soul Fire / Madness / Inspiration
Telepathic attack causing adverse effects, including target control
Additional bonus to close ally action
Rape of Soul
Soul Fire turns half damage to the health of operatives
Stasis can be put on the allies, making them immune to attacks for one turn
Operative is surrounded by an aura of blocking the negative mental effects on themselves and nearby comrades
With too much of the damage taken, Operative part of the stasis at one step, health reduced to 1 HP. Powered time for the mission
Small guaranteed damage inflicting effect on the target breaking
Immune to fire, poison, acid and explosives.
If the enemy has an explosive, it can undermine it.
Permanent control of the enemy. Successfully only once per mission.
Break the Void
A powerful beam that causes damage to everything that passes through. It can pierce a number of enemies and obstacles
An explosive field of psionic energy. The organic enemies can pick up madness
Tips for Psi-operatives
- Stasis – stuns the enemy at one step, making it invulnerable to damage on the move
- Soul Fire – guaranteed Psi damage to organic enemies, ignoring armor and shelter
- Unlike other soldiers Psi ability is not exclusive, in theory you can learn all the skills in the tree, if you have enough time and resources. Psi abilities cannot be opened in order. You get a choice of three random from the list, and then to proceed with the training. Training may be interrupted if you want to send operatives on a mission. They will continue training after.
- Fuse – one of the best abilities in XCOM 2 because of that comedy, in which it activated the explosives on the enemy – dead or alive. Especially if before that you have sent this enemy in a group of opponents with the help of domination.